The Thanksgiving Holiday is one of The HOPE Center’s BIGGEST food distribution times of the year. Our goal is to provide 1,000 low income families holiday foods to prepare for their families. There is nothing better than having your family in your home, gathered around your table filled with delicious foods to celebrate Thanksgiving and to give Thanks to God for His goodness and mercy.
Here is a news clip from Channel 11 (CBS) about last year’s Adopt a Family for Thanksgiving program:
There was a time that The HOPE Center cooked Thanksgiving dinner for hundreds of families to come and eat at The HOPE Center. But as we did it, we began to realize that our families were coming to eat a meal with lots people that they didn’t know and then going home to an empty house with no left overs to enjoy and very little time to fellowship as a “family”. There is something wonderful about cooking for your family in your own home and sitting around your own table, no matter how modest that home may be. Having your children and grandchildren gather together to “Give Thanks” is so important and we want to take this time of the year to make a special effort to bless families who wouldn’t have adequate food to provide for this special celebration.
Meet Mrs. Powe, a grandmother who takes care of her five grandchildren whose parents are in prison. Her retirement income is only $850 a month. She didn’t want her grandchildren separated and put in foster care, so she took them into her home and cares of them. The HOPE Center helps feed Mrs. Powe and her grandchildren. We want her and others like her to be blessed this Thanksgiving with special holiday foods to celebrate with her grandchildren.
We are asking the YOU to help us provide Thanksgiving foods for the poor.
Ways you can help:
- Albertson’s and other grocery stores have programs where you can get a FREE turkey if you buy $50 of food. So each time you shop, get a free turkey and DONATE it to The HOPE Center.
- Adopt a Family through our Special “Adopt a Family Program”. For $25 you can adopt a family
- Donate online in website or
- Mail to 4101 W. Green Oaks Blvd, Suite 305 – Box 500, Arlington, TX 76106
Many may want to adopt 4 or 5 families so The HOPE Center can purchase the foods for our families.
- Put a FOOD Box to collect canned goods at your church, store or business. Call The HOPE Center to pick up the food before Nov.23rd. (817-451-6288)
- Organize your youth groups to go door to door to collect groceries to put in FOOD Box
- Share The HOPE Center website with your friends and encourage those on Facebook to join us. We need your help.
- Volunteer Nov. 16th and Nov. 20th to help us give the food away. What a great experience for you and your teenagers to get involved in blessing the poor.
- Visit us at 3625 E. Loop 820 S., Fort Worth, TX 76119
The Fort Worth Hope Center in Texas Fights Hunger and Feeds Hope to the many people and children in need. The center transforms lives through food distribution, education, job training, health services, and spiritual guidance. They feed over 100000 people each year and give those in need a hand up not a hand out. Please join us on our mission to change lives with love.
This page has moved to http://www.fwhope.org/adopt-a-family-for-thanksgiving-2011/
The HOPE Center has received another generous grant from the Holloway Family Foundation.
Valerie Holloway Skinner wrote, “We remain captivated by the mission of The HOPE Center, and we believe that your service model benefits low income individuals in such singular and exceptional ways, that it is our pleasure to support your Food Pantry again this year with a grant for $2,500.”